Coffered tray ceiling details

DianeP

You'll probably need to clarify what exactly your client wants to show their framer.  If the client is looking to show the general shape then I should think a simple cross section and/or a 3D view should do the trick.  If your client is looking for specific framing details though, then I think you'll need to actually add some elements to the model or at least draw them up in a CAD detail.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks!  I guess I was wondering if there is a way to get a reflected ceiling view.  Maybe I have a camera placed on the floor  and point it straight up at the ceiling?  Not at my computer to try this, so I am just thinking out-loud.

Placing the camera on the floor and pointing up will not give you a reflected ceiling plan - the result will be the reverse of a normal "reflected ceiling plan".

A reflected ceiling plan is a plan drawn in plan view (the camera facing down) to show what would appear on a mirror placed on the floor (or anywhere under the ceiling).

You would normally draw things in a plan view and control the display of objects with layers and layersets.

Okay, if you’re talking about a reflected ceiling plan than I would follow up with a quest-gestion (or a sug-question).  What do you have in your plan that would display in a 3D camera view but not in a 2D plan view?  I think the answer to your problem may lie in the answer to that question.