Specifying window labels

katmacphail

I have sent out the window schedule for pricing and have established window numbers for each opening with the supplier.  I need to keep the window opening numbers the same, rather than having the window number change when I alter a window.  For example, instead of a long fixed window I'd like two awning windows, and when I do that the window number changes.  I tried to fix the label, changing it from "automatic label" to "specific label" but no matter what I do I can't specify the window number I want, the new number is still there.  Is it possible to fix the window labels to specific opening and then change the windows?  It will be a giant mess if I change all of the window labels at this point and I would rather not have to do it all by hand but I can.  Any advice?

Basically I want to be able to permanently label the openings and alter the windows as needed without the label changing. 

Using x10. 

572_Walden_raise_second_floor.plan

Eric, the window that has the callout of W09 should say W13.  It changed after I made it into two awning windows rather than one fixed window.  The window schedule that the supplier has calls that opening W13 and I don't want to confuse matters by changing the opening callouts in my window schedule revision. The other window labels/callouts are also changing.  I just want them to stay the same.  I am drawing them in by hand and converting the window schedule to text and controlling it from there, but it would be really great if all of it could be controlled by the model. 

Katharine

I gave up trying to get the schedule to automatically generate changes and yet stay the same window #s in the callouts.  I am using the numbers on the window quote and labelling all the windows with the appropriate hand drawn (static) label. On the window schedule itself I got rid of the column "number" which kept changing the label numbers and am putting my desired window # on each one in the code column.  That way the labels won't change and won't conflict with what the supplier has.  

If there is a better or easier way to do this, please let me know.  Otherwise if I add a window or change the schedule at all, all of the callouts change and that is messing up the window schedule with the supplier. 

Katharine

Select the W09 Window in the Schedule and drag it down to the W13 position.  The Window designation is just a representation of where it is in the Schedule.

You might need to check all the other windows after doing this (particularly what were W10-W13) since they will have changed.  Note that there is also an Edit Toolbar Icon to "Renumber Schedule" which will renumber everything in the schedule starting at W01.

• Upvote 2

Sorry I was off duty for a bit there but this may help for next time if the renumbering is happening because your edits are making some windows match other existing ones.

Window Schedule Objects.JPG

Turning it off that is by deselecting it. Not as pictured

Edited by Chopsaw

I feel like I'm missing something, maybe I have something turned on or off that should not be- because it seems really inconvenient that the window numbers change.  I've just turned off labels and am labeling them all myself.   

14 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Select the W09 Window in the Schedule and drag it down to the W13 position.  The Window designation is just a representation of where it is in the Schedule.

You might need to check all the other windows after doing this (particularly what were W10-W13) since they will have changed.  Note that there is also an Edit Toolbar Icon to "Renumber Schedule" which will renumber everything in the schedule starting at W01.

I was playing around with what Joe said above for my own knowledge , and then went back to Plan View thinking it would be easier to renumber them in Plan View and that was when I noticed after selecting a Window that we have the Move up or Down Schedule buttons on the Edit Toolbar..... not sure why I haven't noticed them before , but it should make things easier to number things in a Clockwise Fashion ( how my window guy does it) I think....

The schedule numbers assigned to objects are based on the order they appear in the schedule.  All you probably need to do is drag the schedule rows up or down to get the order you want.

Here is some more information that might help:

- If you have two or more objects that are grouped together into a row in the schedule, and you make one of them different, then the program has to assign a new number. 

- Objects are grouped into a single row when all of the properties displayed in the schedule match.  You can modify how they are grouped when you add and remove columns from the schedule.  Please note that the program does not base these groupings on the 2D or 3D preview if it is being shown in the schedule.

- You can always modify the position of rows in the schedule by selecting the schedule row and dragging the row edit handle up or down.

- You can also modify the position of the schedule columns by dragging the column edit handle left or right.

- You can modify all of the objects that are grouped into a row by using the Open Row Objects edit button.

- You can find the objects in a plan that are grouped into a row by using the Find Object in Plan edit button.

- There are a number of training videos and help articles related to schedules with more information.