Open ceiling in a commercial space

Troy-F

Deleting the Ceiling Finish for the "Room" would be a start ...but as Michael said , the more details you provide the better answer you will receive...... ie it's time well spent....

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.

If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to
Toggle it on in UserName>Account >Signatures...... go to the Upper RH Corner of Forum Window.

M.

This is a tough question to answer because it really just comes down to an accurate model.  Model all the correct parts and you should get what you need.  It might help if you were to expand upon exactly where you're having trouble.  It looks to me like all you really need is a floor or ceiling definition with no ceiling finish and some properly sized and painted joists (done by creating a new material definition via 3D>Materials>Plan Materials--set as a Framing material type with the appropriate sizing and spacing).  Throw in a few floor or ceiling beams and you should be good to go. 

Assuming you need a false drop ceiling again to cover the insulation and services ?  ( ie more info is better as mentioned )

try a 0° Ceiling Plane and some Beams  to generate the framing and Planks , and make the Framing white by mixing (Blend) white with the Framing Texture in the material Properties.

Capture.thumb.JPG.26b37c91a2cc0e102397526b0dac4723.JPG

try a 0° Ceiling Plane and some Beams  to generate the framing and Planks , and make the Framing white by mixing (Blend) white with the Framing Texture in the material Properties.

I don't need the drop ceiling. The point is to open it up and paint exposed trusses, insulation etc.

Open the attached file and let me know what you think

Beachside Laundry.plan

18 minutes ago, Troy-F said:

Thanks Mick...

Can't open your file with my version of Chief. Assuming you sent a file generated with x10, do you know a way to open your file with x9??

Not possible..... that's why we ask for Signatures to be done.....which I see you now have done....

Use the beam tool and just drag them wall to wall. Setup your Beam default sizes 1st under build framing. Once drawn you can move them up and down as needed either in 3D or elevation.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00457/creating-a-beam.html

3:25 into this video shows the process..... but worth watching it all I'd say...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/329/drawing-exposed-sloped-and-decorative-beams.html?playlist=147