Schedule Sort Based on Value

ComputerMaster86

Working with schedules, I have wondered if their is a way to have Chief Architect to sort listings in a schedule based on the values listed in one of the columns.  I don't think this is currently feasible.  It would be neat to have the schedule sort listings from shortest to longest based on a value listed in one of the columns.

This is totally possible and its actually how Chief already works...sort of. Chief will already sort a schedule alphabetically and semi numerically according to the first variable column in the schedule.  You can reset the order by moving the desired column to the left, cut/paste hold position to get the schedule to re-order, and then move the column back to wherever you wanted it. 

Numbers are a little tricky though in that they actually sort alphabetically (I won't get into that right now).  In order to get a truly numerical hierarchy, you need to use a custom macro in a custom column and then either have that macro report differently in different layer sets, or mask the extra column, or change the macro after the fact.  

Maybe you can figure it out from there.  If not, shoot me an email and we can discuss my providing yo with a little paid assistance.