HIGH SHED WALL GAP

PrimeArch

Hello guys. 

I'm facing a problem making a shed roof. I create a simple room covered with shed roof type. But i found one of my wall make a gap between the the roof. 
I searched in youtube, read posts in this forum but i no luck. 

What make my wall become like that? Which setting should fix it? Hope you guys can help me. 

Thanks

Drawing1.jpg

Select the wall below the one that is giving the trouble and under the Structure > Platform Intersections > Select "Balloon Through Ceiling Above".    That should fix how it looks and will also likely be how it will be framed.

It seems to be an issue with your wall definition only having a main layer which wants to stop where it would be supporting the rafters.

Is this how the structure will be built as in real life you would have the same issue I think.

Also causing some grief is you room needs to Roof over it in the Structure > Ceiling, settings.

Temporarily swap your wall for Siding 6 and you will see the issue and turn on rafter framing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, PrimeArch said:

I did..it still the sameCapture.thumb.PNG.dd260752e382b8922327ad8bbf56a1d8.PNG

ROOF PROBLEM.plan

-

I just found the same thing as CS ...the Wall definition is at fault ....the walls are a single layer of "Colour" 

I'd suggest  not changing the Default CA Walls , Copy the one closet to what you want , then rename it and make the changes you want.

- the ceiling finish is also 11 1/2" thick white paint ???  and you have no Framing or Drywall defined for the ceiling structure

You also started the drawing on the 2nd level not level 1 and have an extra storey (level3) you can fix that by moving floor 2 down using exchange with floor below and deleting level 2 in the Build Floor Menu. you should only have level 1 and A ( attic) and a foundation (0) when you build one.

M.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

I'd suggest  not changing the Default CA Walls , Copy the one closet to what you want , then rename it and make the changes you want

I did this... like set new default exterior wall.. make new room with shed roof.. and it works. Thanks man.. you help a lot. Capture.thumb.PNG.7e2776c9c3b16c4c2a47c87326ff8601.PNG

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

You also started the drawing on the 2nd level not level 1 and have an extra storey (level3) you can fix that by moving floor 2 down using exchange with floor below and deleting level 2 in the Build Floor Menu. you should only have level 1 and A ( attic) and a foundation (0) when you build one.

Lol.. im in hurry to show my problem. This is my stupid mistake lol. But i learned something new.. 'exchange with floor below' tools, i never use it before. What im doing is copy, move to down level then paste. Today i learned good tools and it very useful. Thank a lot buddy. 

21 minutes ago, PrimeArch said:

I did this... like set new default exterior wall.. make new room with shed roof.. and it works. Thanks man.. you help a lot. Capture.thumb.PNG.7e2776c9c3b16c4c2a47c87326ff8601.PNG

Lol.. im in hurry to show my problem. This is my stupid mistake lol. But i learned something new.. 'exchange with floor below' tools, i never use it before. What im doing is copy, move to down level then paste. Today i learned good tools and it very useful. Thank a lot buddy. 

Happy to help if I can :) 

just remember in CA you are really drawing 3D objects all the time even in the 2D plan View so it is best to keep thinks like they are to be built ie walls with Framing and stucco or siding and drywall etc otherwise strange things can happen.

Mick.

• Like 1