why are the undersides of my roofs stripped and acting odd?

katmacphail

I have been working on getting this model right for a long time now.  The underside of the mansard roof is stripping when it touches anything.  Part of it is extending through the window as shown in this image.  I'm using CAx10 on a MacBook air.  I've rebuilt it several times.  I've messed around with the walls.  Should I send it to support?  Is there something totally obvious that I am missing?  If really strange things are happening with the model, should I scrap it and start over again?  I've got a huge amount of hours in this now.  I'm looking for someone who can show me or explain to me or teach me what is happening. Maybe it is just a glitch.  I need advice.  I'm willing to pay for help.  

118 Pearl existing.plan

bath wall malfunction.jpg

When you say draw in my own, do you mean draw poly line solids, angle them, sandwich them together, make one side slate roof and the other side plaster and fake the roof?  Do I make the 3rd floor walls 29" high? Because I don't think the poly line solids would cut the walls as roofs do.  I could make those out of poly line solids also, I guess.  I won't be able to put a window in there so should I make the stretch of wall that forms the dormer out of a real wall and fake everything else? 

Do you think it is worth sending it to support?  The reason I'm questioning it is that if I do it will take a few more days.  Ultimately I just want it to work properly.  Maybe I can't have that right now. 

Thanks

Katharine