Installing x10 on a different drive then "C"

JasonParsons

I currently use x9.  my program is installed on my c drive, but the files i work out of are on another drive due to the amount of space they occupy.  

Should I install x10 on the same drive that the chief files reside for faster processing?  both are Solid State Drives

Thanks in advance for the help.

Doesn't make a difference. When you run a program on your computer it primarily moves into your RAM and will operate there until it is closed. You can see this by opening the task manger in windows, while Chief is also running, there you will see the amount of RAM Chief is using. This amount or percentage will increase if you open a bunch of Plan views, 3D views, and layout views which could eventually start taking up your RAM capacity.

Solid state drives are extremely efficient and fast so that small amount of activity Chief is writing to the solid state, which is mostly the auto save feature or when you manually save a plan or layout, shouldn't make the program run any slower.

My advice would be to increase the amount of RAM in your computer to make Chief run more smoothly.