Plot Plan angles & Dimensions

GMTinc

I have created a plot plan, which displays metes and bounds; however, when I send to layout, the metes and bounds disappear.  I have looked at all display options etc.  The only way send and have them show, is to send as an image, which is then not to scale.

1 hour ago, GMTinc said:

I have created a plot plan, which displays metes and bounds; however, when I send to layout, the metes and bounds disappear.  I have looked at all display options etc.  The only way send and have them show, is to send as an image, which is then not to scale.

Did you use CAD lines to do the PL's ? or ?

Did you try the All on Set ?

As DJP said posting the Files will likely help you the quickest , just make sure they are closed in CA    when you attach them.

M.

Yes, tried all the obvious things.  Scaling, defaults for cad & dim’s, layer line styles etc The PL’s were input, which is about the only way to do it I think.  

Have had issues with the size of the text on PL’s in the past, and frankly this time also. Never had them disapear when sent to layout.  Tried new files, plan and layout, with the same result

dont do much work anymore, so I font keep up/remember much of the arcane I once knew

As a corolary.  I changed the pixel size in preferences, which allows me to see the wuadrant angles.  I still have to zom way down to see the length.  When I do, both appear the same size.  I have fooled with the various scale setting in CAD etc but no luck here either.  If I print a .pdf, the metes and bounds are both unreadable.

16 hours ago, GMTinc said:

As a corolary.  I changed the pixel size in preferences, which allows me to see the wuadrant angles.  I still have to zom way down to see the length.  When I do, both appear the same size.  I have fooled with the various scale setting in CAD etc but no luck here either.  If I print a .pdf, the metes and bounds are both unreadable.

that sounds like you may not of used the Plot Plan Annotation set as the default text size is 30"   , if you used the 1/2" Annotation set your Text maybe only 2" high as an example, and when zoomed out it would be very small , so you may want to adjust the Default Plot Plan Annotation Text size assuming you used that annotation otherwise you'd need to change a different Text Default depend on what was used , in the Plan below they are set to 10"

PL Test.plan

Capture.JPG

• Upvote 1