Ideas on on how to...

mpatalsky

I'm trying to draw a front entry that is curved & has 3 arched openings like the picture attached.  Sorry for the poor picture.  Is there a way to get chief to put a half opening in a wall?  Or should this curved wall be drawn with a P-solid & holes cut out?

Thanks in advance,

Mike X-9 User

Curved porch.pdf 

0726180702.jpg

Thanks Eric & I like the way you did that with a pony wall.  The picture wasn't clear or did I explain it well enough.  The problem I have is that I'm trying to have 3 arched openings.  The first one in the center is the easy one.  The two on either side of it needs to be half openings.  I want to have the apex of the arch to finish into the main part of the house. Essentially you only see half of the opening.  Chief does not allow you to Ctrl click an opening into a wall.

I've tried in X9 & 10 & I can't get it to go either way that you explained.  I see from your plan view, it looks like it stopped you.  The green point in the middle of the arch needs to go over to meet the wall.  You clearly accomplished it in your elevation view.

I was not familiar with the half arch option that you referred to originally. I swear this is my last question!  When you did your half arch into the wall there was nothing on the wall it abutted to.  As you can see in mine, I do.  I tried removing it with the wall edit handles where they join but no luck.  Any suggestions?

Arched Porch.jpg

6 hours ago, mpatalsky said:

I was not familiar with the half arch option that you referred to originally. I swear this is my last question!  When you did your half arch into the wall there was nothing on the wall it abutted to.  As you can see in mine, I do.  I tried removing it with the wall edit handles where they join but no luck.  Any suggestions?

Arched Porch.jpg

If you position the Window Carefully it won't show anything in STD or PBR views but Curved wall Openings where they meet a straight wall even in 3D tend to never look 100% perfect, unlike two straight walls meeting due to the Radial way the curve is done I think. The Wall Layers will always Show in Vector View as seen in your Pic AFAIK. In Plan view I don't think you can get rid of the Main Layer showering at the intersection even though in 3D views it is Siding or Stucco or ?