Footings and foundation - color fills

wolftide45

I have 2 issues:

In layout view, I cannot figure out why my footings have shown up in yellow as if they had been filled. I don't know of a specification box where I can change the color fill for the footings. 

Also, I would to shade the block of my foundation wall like the attached picture. If I fill with the angle hatch pattern, I can't shade the block gray as I wanted. Any ideas?

fndn wall.JPG

Pike.plan

Not sure about the yellow.  In fact I think someone was asking about footing fill not long ago so if you or someone else can figure this one out then it may lead to a useful solution for that.

It would be nice if chief would allow for wall fill and hatching but until then you can use chief wall hatching and add the fill by selecting the exterior room and creating a Room Polyline then convert to psolid and Copy and Paste in Place, Concentrically resize to inner wall surface and make that the Hole in Polyline Solid.  Then convert back to Plain Polyline so it won't show in 3D and apply a transparent fill.

A bit of a workaround but not bad once you get the hang of it and you appear to only want one layer of wall filled so not sure there is another way to do that.

Yellow Fooring Fill and hatcing.jpg

In X9.

Open the wall dbx...Foundation panel...Footing.

Changing either the height or width of the footing gets rid of the yellow fill.

You can also get the same result by editing the foundation defaults (leave the footing sizes the same) and rebuilding the foundation. 

I haven't got a clue why it is happening - older version plan perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1