Building Foundation

srjbb97

Hello,

I am trying to build the foundation automatically and when I build it and put dimensions on it, the dimensions are smaller than my main floor design. How do I get the dimensions to be the same as the floor above? I will attach pictures. Previously, I have not had this issue. But now it is doing this. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Since you did not choose to share the plan file with us (Oops, I see that you did now), we can only guess what is the matter. I would recommend that you check your "Locate Objects" settings in "Dimension Defaults" on "Dimensions" and "Auto Exterior Dimensions" settings. If your first floor dimensions are measuring to "Surfaces" instead of "Main Layer" could account for the discrepancy of dimensions, floor to floor.

DJP

David, 

I shared it a few posts ago as rebuild.plan

But I got it all figured out, thank you for your suggestions!

Eric,

Thank you, I ended up deleting the file and restarting it and I got it all fixed up. Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

On 7/20/2018 at 12:16 PM, DRAWZILLA said:

You can always just copy your floor plan dimensions , go down to the foundation level and paste there.

I would suggest not doing this, as it could be misleading.  Always best to have the dimensions attach to the actual object to give accurate feedback.  And if that means the user has to learn how to properly generate and edit a foundation to get the results they want with the auto dimensions, all the better.

1 hour ago, DRAWZILLA said:

It does attach and do it all the time without any issues, don't know why you have problems

If you are suggesting that I select and copy the dimensions on the first floor, then paste them in place on the foundation, chief generates points for the dimensions to locate, they do not attach to the walls.  I've never seen chief do as you suggest.

If you are suggesting something else then I am not clear on what that is.