Library content issues

metrowestcc

I'm using X6 and cannot see my library content. I've already looked for updates and am current. Also checked Core content, up to date.

The library button opens the window but the box is just blank white with just the 6 radio buttons at the bottom. Chief says they don't offer support that far back. I upgraded about 5yrs ago to X6, but never used this software for a project until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help! Your advice led me to an error message "The Library Import has completed successfully

None of the items from the import libraries could be read by this version"

I'm thinking, maybe reload the original software?

not sure about a re-install

where are you getting your library items from ?

when you download library items may sure you select the ones for X6

later library versions won't work in X6

not sure about prior versions - but they probably will

avoid X3 if they are even there as CA created a subscription service for X3

but abandoned it with X4 system that is still in use today

Lew

4 hours ago, metrowestcc said:

Thank you for your help! Your advice led me to an error message "The Library Import has completed successfully

None of the items from the import libraries could be read by this version"

I'm thinking, maybe reload the original software?

Are you Importing known  X6 Libraries ?  a User Library backup?  some more details may help....

Is your X6 the latest (last) version ?   ie 16.4.1.20 , not sure if 64bit vs 32bit makes a difference but make sure you have the right one anyway...

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/updates/updateprogram.html?program_name=Chief Architect X6 Premier Windows 64-bit&update_name=Chief_Architect_Premier-16.4.1.20-Win64.msi&update_version=16.4.1.20

Also, it's good to have your Forum Signature filled in, especially with the Software Version,
and of course a real Name is nice too :) ..............see mine below in Blue for how to do that.
If you don't see my Signature then you have them turned off for the Forum so you need to
Toggle it on in UserName>Account >Signatures...... go to the Upper RH Corner of Forum Window.
M.

23 hours ago, metrowestcc said:

Mick your fix worked!! The link with the repair option did the trick. I also turned on Signature and started adding detail as you suggested.

Thank you to all who offered help, your the best.

Good News :)   I would make sure you backup ALL the files including Core Libraries etc as eventually the files disappear from the CA Servers as new Versions come out.