Changing Basement slab heights

BlackDiamond

I am putting together a 6-plex where each unit is 30" higher than the one to the left. I'm assuming to do this I have to edit the floor and ceiling heights of each room on each floor of each unit after the 1st one. However, the 1/2" space between the basement firring walls and the foundation wall refuses to adjust. It stubbornly insists on staying at the -107 5/8" of the first unit. I've tried opening up that space to a room, adjusting the room heights, and then closing the walls but that doesn't work.

I am using Premier Version 10.

Two questions:

-is there an easier way to adjust the heights of each unit without going to each room on each floor?

-how do I get the 1/2" space to adjust?

Thanks for any help

Hi Black Diamond, I would suggest a couple of things for duplex/multiplex buildings:

For party/demising walls that are a double 2x4 wall, use a single Chief wall with 2 stud walls in the main layer and an air gap between, so chief doesn't create a room between them.  For furred walls against a foundation, either incorporate the entire furred wall into the foundation wall (this might not work right as the studs shouldn't go to the footing) or better yet use the "furred wall" setting in the structure tab of the furred wall DBX.  Also make sure that the 1/2" air gap is a layer of the furred wall and bring it tight to the foundation wall with bumping/pushing on.  Using the "furred wall" setting, chief should ignore the furred wall as a room defining wall and the slab height controlled by the main basement area will extend to the concrete wall.