Creating a shower curb with soffits

HeartwoodRes

Hey ChiefTalk, how's everyone doing?

I'm trying to make a 7' tall frameless shower with a partial ponywall on one side and a curb under the rest, as shown in the attached picture.

5b4d3164831d5_framelessshowerwithdoor.thumb.png.6a7e9f39d7679e7216f929f669de3eb4.png

I've successfully created what I want with two different methods:

1. Creating glass slab half walls at my desired height, then using soffits to create the ponywall and curb under the glass wall

2. Using a pony wall, where the bottom half is the 6" tall curb and the top half is my 7' tall glass wall

However, anytime I try to paint a new material onto the soffits (the correct tile finish), the glass wall cuts off half of the soffit, both on the curb and the ponywall (shown in second picture).

5b4d3447b166a_showererror.thumb.png.d206197f5cc63aa7eb07f8c6544898b5.png

Why would the material painter screw up my soffits? It’s not changing anything structurally, just the appearance of the soffits (Right?). I've been instructed both by the reference manual and other users on this forum to use soffits to create simplistic surfaces like this shower curb, so I'm a bit vexed.

p.s. While we’re at it, if anyone has a suggestion for a better way to create a frameless glass shower like this, I’m all ears. This is simply the way that I figured out how to do it myself.

Thanks!

Don't use CA's "Walls" for the Shower enclosures , they react to other "Walls" and sometime not in good ways.

You can use Polysolids for the Curb and 1/2 Wall and also the Glass , you can also use Cabinet Partition for the Glass , though Soffits do work too.

Soffits can pick up the cabinet and room moldings automatically though so may not work in all situations.

Don't paint Objects if you don't need to is the general advice , change the material in the Object's DBX.

Use Wall Material regions to do the Tile inside the Shower....

These are polyline solid curbs and Soffits for the Glass Panels and Door, I changed two of the panels to grey glass so you can see them better in the pic....

Capture66.thumb.JPG.d734721b559d4b2b23c66f4610b4f6bc.JPG

• Like 1