Flush Window Sill

ckirste

I searched this topic and found 1 unresolved issue in Nov. 2014 and nothing pertinent since.

I would like the window sill to be flush with the top of the bottom window frame. I can't find a way to do this and keep the interior casing.  The 2014 question did not have a resolution. 

Is it possible to make the top of sill flush with the bottom of the frame?

Thanks,

Cait

window sill.PNG

Thanks Solver.

Turning off the frame works in this situation. I agree that it would be nice to keep the frame and move the sill independently. Clearly this has been wanted by people for years.

-Cait

The various limitations with windows are a real pain, especially for the construction styles we have in Europe.  It's impossible to get any where near a correct representations of windows and doors (worse for doors due to no inset control).

I wanted to model some options for replacement windows and doors and for the few I could use Chief's windows/doors I still had to fill gaps over cavities and make sills separately and at worst had to make custom symbols.  Mulling and un-mulling not leaving the windows the same as before also drives me mad.

I submitted a detailed suggestion with examples for my issues a year or two ago so I just wait in hope at each new release.

The Bottom Frame Width can be set to zero.  That will make it flush with the top of the Interior Sill.  The only problem with this is that the frame material is the same as the "Interior Sash" material.  Chief should really make the frame have:

• A separate material - would work well for "No Casing"
  • or at least the same as the "Interior Trim" material

It's fairly uncommon that the frame material would not be the same as the casing material - but it would be pretty rare that it would be the same as the sash material.

8 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

The Bottom Frame Width can be set to zero.

There are an awful lot of things in Chief that I wish could actually be set to zero, and this is one of them.  The sill should actually be able to be set by default to 0 offset or as an option as it currently displays with out having to adjust the frame at all.