wall niche

warrenwest

Been a rough day at the computer ;)

Is there a way to join 2 niches in a corner? I end up with a separation but I don't want that. I want a seamless moss niche. Is it even possible with this tool?

wall niche problem.PNG

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, but you can build the walls out thicker with material regions of drywall and make the basic wall surface moss.

You just have to approach the problem from the opposite direction.

Yeah, figured that. Thanks for the input though.

40 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  It also shows that you can get a mirror to reflect off of another mirror - just to show that the statement in another thread wasn't correct. ;)

Wall Niches in Corner.JPG

Awesome stuff Joe. Thanks a ton ! 

2 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  It also shows that you can get a mirror to reflect off of another mirror - just to show that the statement in another thread wasn't correct. ;)

Wall Niches in Corner.JPG

Sorry Joe ,mirrors don't reflect off each other unless you use a different material like Graham did.been that way forever. I don't see where you proved it.

Here the front cabinet and the other cabinet have their panels set to the standard library mirror material. The mirrored panels in the reflected cabinet just shows as a solid grey. The second pic has the other cabinets panel set to polished chrome, now it shows a reflection, looks more like a mirror.

5b48b5b6817b2_MirrorDoubleMirror.thumb.jpg.1d115be1a217b3c432df35868a36c7a4.jpg

5b48b5d3ec543_MirrorDoubleMirror2.thumb.jpg.52cc33c7d43ba80ed1719115f7ce2cea.jpg

14 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Perry,

Both of the mirrors in the corner are the stock material "mirror" from the core library applied to material regions.  Try it for yourself.

ok, so what's wrong with this pic.?

mirror.PNG

1 minute ago, DRAWZILLA said:

ok ,  Graham, that's great but I don't use lib. mirrors with a frame, I use a p-solid with the mirror material on almost every mirror I do.. That's how we do it here most of the time.

I do the same as you but just chose the framed mirror so the frame would be seen in the reflection to better define the mirror within a mirror.

This will blow you away......   whether the mirror material works or not depends on the thickness of the slab,  psolid,  countertop etc.....  play around with different thicknesses,  you will find somewhere around 8"-14" thick the reflective material will disappear.

25 minutes ago, dshall said:

This will blow you away......   whether the mirror material works or not depends on the thickness of the slab,  psolid,  countertop etc.....  play around with different thicknesses,  you will find somewhere around 8"-14" thick the reflective material will disappear.

That's Crazy!!! I just tried it and yes, seems to only happen if the material is mirror. Maybe it's because you can't by a mirror that thick???

39 minutes ago, dshall said:

That's nuts, I can't put an 8" thick mirrors on any plan. Thanks for checking that out ,I was about to quit drawing forever, but I decided to write bad check's instead

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

turned it in as a bug ,and they basically told me that a thin mirror doesn't work so I have to use a lib. mirror with a frame, that is  one of those things that should have been fixed a long time ago.  90% of all mirrors have no frame.