Mirrors not reflecting

warrenwest

Hi folks,

I hope help is at hand. I have just switched from iMac to PC ( see specs below ). It has been a nightmare to say the least since I'm not the most technologically capable person I know ;)

Now I have lost reflections in mirrors. Reflections are turned on in camera view but even in the library the mirror material is showing as a dull paint. Whats up with that?

Chrome material is reflecting but not the mirror doors to the right of the towel warmer, they are just dull grey.

Capture 4.PNG

Capture5.PNG

update: below is a screenshot of the bathroom. There is a mirror on the wall. it is reflecting. The cabinet on the right has the same material applied to it and yet is not reflecting. ??

mirror problem 2.PNG

3 minutes ago, warrenwest said:

update: below is a screenshot of the bathroom. There is a mirror on the wall. it is reflecting. The cabinet on the right has the same material applied to it and yet is not reflecting. ??

mirror problem 2.PNG

I have seen that behavior before......  I think it has something to do with how the cabinet symbol was initially built.  Using psolids vs moldings vs slabs vs something......  I can't quite put my finger on it but I have seen the behavior before.

Post the small plan so we can check it out.  Thanks

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, solver said:

A solid painted with the mirror material works. Seems to be an issue with using cabinet doors as you have done.

ct1.jpg

Eric,  you might be onto something.  Maybe it has something to do will cabinets.  I could not paint the soffit a mirror material.  Maybe somebody from CA will clarify the issue.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dshall said:

I have seen that behavior before......  I think it has something to do with how the cabinet symbol was initially built.  Using psolids vs moldings vs slabs vs something......  I can't quite put my finger on it but I have seen the behavior before.

Post the small plan so we can check it out.  Thanks

Chief has never been able to reflect a second mirror from the 1st mirror.

1 minute ago, DRAWZILLA said:

What I said is that another mirror will not reflect from the original mirror 2 mirrors won't work correctly.

There is kind of a way to do it. Here is the same pic with another cabinet on the opposing wall. You can see the image in it shows in the main front mirrored cabinet. It's not 100% accurate but might be better than just a grayed out solid. The trick is that the main front cabinet panels are mirror and in the other opposing cabinet the panels are polished chrome.

5b47b55f46b32_MirrorDouble.thumb.jpg.128f5ec76399f6cca968dfa4e465bc64.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheKitchenAbode said:

There is kind of a way to do it. Here is the same pic with another cabinet on the opposing wall. You can see the image in it shows in the main front mirrored cabinet. It's not 100% accurate but might be better than just a grayed out solid. The trick is that the main front cabinet panels are mirror and in the other opposing cabinet the panels are polished chrome.

5b47b55f46b32_MirrorDouble.thumb.jpg.128f5ec76399f6cca968dfa4e465bc64.jpg

Thanks Graham, nice, now I get it.