Display of working file in title

Mar_Vel

Is there an ON/OFF setting to display in the title bar the entire path of the file that I'm working on? Also if there is, is there a setting or a macro to automatically print the entire path on each page of a set of drawings? I'm using x10. Thanks.

Mark

Not sure that there is a title bar option with Chief but you can use the %file% Global Macro in a text box to put that info into your layout. Or if you need to keep track of each layout box you can add it to the layout box label.  You can add some key information to your file name as long as it is not too long.

Welcome to the forum. :)

• Like 1

Thank you! The reason I ask is that sometimes I work with 2 or more open files at a time. Or collaborate with others, but I'm realizing that this can't be done anyway in CA (like AC, Revit). But I do like to have the file printed on my checkprints so thanks!

Mark

50 minutes ago, Mar_Vel said:

Thank you! The reason I ask is that sometimes I work with 2 or more open files at a time.

This can also be done in Chief and to keep track the file name is displayed on the window tab.  You can have several files open at one time.  Having more than one layout open is a little different situation.  However this can also be done by having another instance of Chief open and running even though this is not recommended I have never had an issue using it strategically.

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 6:17 PM, Chopsaw said:

Chief open and running even though this is not recommended I have never had an issue using it strategically.

I do it with every new version to transfer layout items to the new layout profile plan to create a new layout template.