Sill Plate Materila

marklcc

10 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

That would make a great addition to the feature list as a suggestion.

Yep , I am not sure you can even set it to Treated Material like you can with Posts and Beams if needed?.

M.

On 06/07/2018 at 2:13 PM, Kbird1 said:

Yep , I am not sure you can even set it to Treated Material like you can with Posts and Beams if needed?.

M.

I believe that sill plates are nominated as treated by default and the only way to get them untreated is to change them after they are drawn.

If there are more than 2 sill plates specified, only the bottom one will be nominated as treated and the others above will be nominated as untreated.

You can, of course, change the bottom one to untreated as well. 

2 minutes ago, glennw said:

I believe that sill plates are nominated as treated by default and the only way to get them untreated is to change them after they are drawn.

If there are more than 2 sill plates specified, only the bottom one will be nominated as treated and the others above will be nominated as untreated.

I guess we should have been talking about the texture not the material.  But if they are default as treated for the material list where do you set the default texture (material) for 3D illustration.  Just another chief inconsistency.

40 minutes ago, glennw said:

You are correct , I should of been clearer in that post , as CS mentioned there is no place to assign a material but strangely this is not needed for Deck framing or posts and beams, check the treated box ( same as in the Sill Plate's DBX ) and they automatically use the Treated Texture , not the standard Framing Material, the Sill Plates do not, even though the box is checked by default.

M.

Just now, glennw said:

Without going looking, I think the sill plates adopt the default Framing material texture. :)

Yes, No need to look as that is the sad reality of the present situation. :(    Painting always required !

• 5 months later...
On 7/10/2018 at 11:04 PM, glennw said:

where can I specify multiple sill plates.  I would like to use a op cord bearing floor truss.