furniture in groups at different heights

bkjernis

When I place grouped furniture like a kitchen table and chairs they are at different heights. I am using absolute reference locations on some objects because slabs and furniture ended up changing their initial elevations. Does using absolute reference locations on objects cause the problem? Thanks

If you want symbols to be placed relative to a room's floor, you would use "Floor" as the reference and not absolute. Honestly, I have not studied the exact definitions of "Absolute" in terms of what that actually means. I take into consideration if I want something located on terrain, I use the "terrain" setting, within a room, I use "Room" because I do not know what is meant by "Absolute" in this software. A good thing to get defined and understood, eh?

DJP

On 7/4/2018 at 8:45 AM, bkjernis said:

Here is a picture.

kitchen table group at different heights.PNG

Also looks like you may have set the room to be a garage, common problem with placing furniture that has to do with the way chief handles curbs (stem walls extended past a slab) 

As an example, change any room to a garage type and set the floor height to 0 and try and place furniture..wonky!