Elevation views becoming pixelated when sent to layout

HeartwoodRes

Hey ChiefTalk, how's it going?

I've been sending some elevation views to layout at 1" = 1', in the same manner I do for floor plans (except at a larger scale), but the elevation views become pixelated and really bad looking on the actual layout. Does this have something to do with the scale of the drawing being relatively large at 1" = 1'? 

The view I've been sending to layout has been in Line Drawing View, because I don't want the color of the vector view or any of the other views (the room in question has a lot of black tile that would make the elevations useless). Is there a better way than switching to Line Drawing View to get a plain, B&W line drawing of an elevation? Perhaps there's a way to switch other view types to black and white? 

My end goal is getting four elevation views on one page without looking like crud - attached is an image of what I've been getting (pic 1 actual elevation, pic 2 bad one). I've tried sending it to layout in various different ways but the same thing happens every time.

Everyone's time and patience is really appreciated, I'm still fairly new to CA and haven't been able to find the answer on my own.

-Connor

CA screenshot 2.png

CA screenshot 1.png

Plot lines in send to layout dbx does good, but you are saying line drawing among the 3d presentation styles. Right? If yes, I never used those as a layout elevation view. But there are settings related to line smoothing and "strugle amplitude" can't remember the exact wordings though, since not arround pc.

20 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Send to Layout as "Plot Lines" .  This should give you a clean crisp view with black lines.

I really wanted to try this option, but for whatever reason, it's grayed out and unselectable. Do you know how I might be able to change that? I fiddled with all the options in the dialogue, and none of them made Plot Lines selectable.

6 minutes ago, HeartwoodRes said:

I really wanted to try this option, but for whatever reason, it's grayed out and unselectable. Do you know how I might be able to change that?

Should work fine for an elevation view for Send Options of "Current Screen" or "Entire Plan View".

23 minutes ago, HeartwoodRes said:

I really wanted to try this option, but for whatever reason, it's grayed out and unselectable. Do you know how I might be able to change that? I fiddled with all the options in the dialogue, and none of them made Plot Lines selectable.

You have to change the rendering technique to vector view first, then plot lines will be available, not available from a line drawing.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, MarkMc said:

You have to change the rendering technique to vector view first, then plot lines will be available, not available from a line drawing.

Thanks for the help everyone, that did the trick. I wish I had thought to try that myself.

Cheers!