StudConstruction

Not sure if this is the correct topic area but for some reason, I can not figure out how to display the electrical fixture I just dropped in. Here are the steps I've taken:

1. create wall elevation (E4)

2. clip wall elevation in plan view making sure the fixture is well within the limits.

3. saved, exited, restarted .plan

4. added light fixture in plan view

5. opened elevation by double-clicking the callout in .plan

6. display opens sans light fixture

Sorry had to zip the file... didn't have time to figure out how to shrink it...

Hoffman-DP-Proposed.zip

. Be sure that Chief is closed before zipping or attaching a copy of a file. I prefer using the "File-back up entire plan" directly to a zip file. You can do that with Chief Open and get a good copy. Doing what you did just wastes everyone's time. Try again but use the Backup to zip command in the file menu this time, please.

DJP

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 4:26 PM, solver said:

What's missing?

ct1.jpg

That is very odd... It wasn't displaying like that before. I have a feeling it may have been a graphics card issue. My GeForce is no longer recognized on my computer. I'll be taking it in today to see if that resolves the issue. Thank you both for the help. Out of curiosity what program do you use to record a live screen share? If the problem still isn't resolved I'd like to see if that would help in the diagnostics. Thanks again!

Are

22 hours ago, StudConstruction said:

That is very odd... It wasn't displaying like that before. I have a feeling it may have been a graphics card issue. My GeForce is no longer recognized on my computer. I'll be taking it in today to see if that resolves the issue. Thank you both for the help. Out of curiosity what program do you use to record a live screen share? If the problem still isn't resolved I'd like to see if that would help in the diagnostics. Thanks again!

Are you sure you have the Electrical Layer Displayed in Elevation Views ?

On my laptop the Nvidia Card wasn't being recognised but switching the INTEL driver to an older one seemed to fix it , the latest intel Driver was causing the laptop to start with only the "Microsoft Basic Display" and the Nvidia card wasn't being used ......not sure if you have the same issue?

M.