Updating Elevation Views - Missing Content

ckirste

I have some basic elevation views that aren't updating correctly and are missing data. The weird thing is that the data shows briefly during the update, then disappears within a few seconds.. 

I've attached screen captures.

First one shows what happens during the update. The Powder room shows all content correctly. But the 3 Pantry elevations on the right don't have any doors.

Second screenshot shows the completed update. The Powder room is missing doors on the vanity and missing the toilet. The other 3 Pantry elevations show correctly.

Not sure this makes any difference, but it's a Kohler toilet and cabinet doors are Canyon Creek "Brighton".

I've attached my plan file and layout file too. There is an imported DWG (on it's own layer) as the background that I've drawn walls, doors, windows and cabinets on top of.

Thanks for any help.

Cait

Layout Prob 01.PNG

Layout Prob 02.PNG

New Drawings.rar

Wow,  I have recently noticed the same funny stuff going on.  I was doing a GTM with Glenn Woodward and I think he will vouch for this.  Right side elevation,  house on slab,  I could not see BASE  of a/c condenser on other side of house because slab was there,  next time the slab was not there so I could then see base of a/c condenser on other side of house.

if I see it again I will post pics......  

Cait,  are you on a MAC?

Hi Scott,

I'm on a PC - Windows 10. It's weird because I saw the content then I didn't. And so had to do a quick screen capture when I updated again. I closed the program and restarted and still the same issue. I'll try restarting my computer and see if that makes a difference.

-Cait

Update: I restarted my computer and it didn't make a difference. At first the images updated and it all looked good briefly. They I updated all and it went back to missing content.

I did notice that if I update individual views they will update correctly. So it appears there is some odd thing happening with updating all views.

I was having an issue with profile lines on paneled entrance doors not displaying correctly when updated in layout but this almost seems like a layers thing as it seems to be affecting the fixtures as well.

This is driving me crazy. I replaced the toilet with a standard CA toilet and changed the cabinet doors to framed rather than a manufacturer's product. 

Which I thought helped, but turned out didn't change anything.  Then I noticed floor lines missing and door panel detail lines missing. I'd update an individual view and everything would be fine, then I'd close the elevation view and opt to save, but when I did that other items would disappear. It's like whack-a-mole. Cabinet doors, fixtures, floor lines, door panel details...

I don't think it's a layers thing. I'm not using any custom layers.

I'm submitting this to another designer (who is my client) and it's going to be really annoying if I'm missing lines because I can't keep having them disappear, refreshing them, then other ones turn off. Urghh.

Here is the zipped file.

Thanks,

Cait

Carter Main Floor.zip

How many views do you have open while this is all happening and do you have more than one Active Layer Display Options Open ?

Try and document it for tech support even if we can't sort it out for your presentation.

It doesn't seem to matter how many views. Sometimes one and sometimes all. I thought about so closed down to have only one open, then I'd notice other lines in other views missing so I'd open that view and then when I closed the others they would shift again. Only one Active Layer Display Option open.

I just closed everything, and the layout had missing lines. Then I reopened plan and layout and everything looked good again. Don't know how long it will last though. Maybe one (or both) of them is corrupted.

Yes that is very similar to what was going on for me although I am not sure I noticed an issue with fixtures in my plans.

I was able to get the three single panel doors to all fail as well as the bathroom fixtures but not the cabinet doors even with several repeated tries.  If you can't get a properly generated PDF with it refreshed to the way it should look switch the layout boxes to Live View and it should be ok.

Please be sure to send this in to tech as I am not sure they have this figured out yet and give them my name and a link to this thread.

Thanks Chopsaw.

I need to complete all elevations on 2 floors today and tomorrow for an early Tuesday meeting, I'll switch to Live View if I have problems. Then I'll send to tech support. Kind of need to focus on getting the work done rather than talking with tech support right now. But I will follow up with them on the zip files I attached.

If that were happening to me, I believe I would try to use CAD detail from view and if successful, send that to layout, anything to get a product, I agree with you Tech Support is for something that needs attention but production is due NOW!!!

DJP

• Like 1

WOW,  I am not sure what I am doing.....look at these two elevations....  note the Rear Elevation windows are WHITE and the left elevation windows are GRAY....  how did I do that?  I like the grey...  but what did I do to get that?

5b39128b21e98_ScreenShot2018-07-01at10_40_37AM.thumb.png.f5a8d57f0cb5f357798b85fc9db26a9e.png

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Scott were those views sent to the layout a long time ago using sam if so I would re-send using a new camera. Just a thought.

Perry,  you might be onto something....  I am still trying to figure it out.  

Do you get a grey fill for your windows?

• Upvote 1

Perry may have it right.  I have also noticed that OOB materials can show differently in 3D depending on it being a new view generated in X10 or an old plan (and view) that was started on X9.

I can't figure it out.....  I must leave now.....  but look at these elevations....  sometimes the window is filled sometimes not,  and the really weird one is the one that has the great window and the window is open....  can you have a window open in 3d?5b3919e187415_ScreenShot2018-07-01at11_12_13AM.thumb.png.5b76cbee6444af2097e48e2eec13d50f.png

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, dshall said:

Perry,  you might be onto something....  I am still trying to figure it out.  

Do you get a grey fill for your windows?

I do not get the fill in windows unless I have a fill added to the glass.

I had a similar thing happen last night with an entire elevation view being gray in Layout; but it was the entire viewport. It was not gray in the view itself. I ended up deleting it an re-taking the view. But it was when the other line issues were happening.

Go figure... today I'm not having the problems I did yesterday. I've only been updating individual views. I did change the cabinet doors to standard framed instead of a manufacturer's symbol. 

9 hours ago, ckirste said:

Thanks Chopsaw.

I need to complete all elevations on 2 floors today and tomorrow for an early Tuesday meeting, I'll switch to Live View if I have problems. Then I'll send to tech support. Kind of need to focus on getting the work done rather than talking with tech support right now. But I will follow up with them on the zip files I attached.

Absolutely no rush and you are correct, there is no point in talking to tech right now on this particular issue.  In fact if you don't end up with any thing more to add to your support ticket I would be glad to submit this with my report if you like so it is directly linked.  Just let me know when you are finished the job.

17 hours ago, dshall said:

I can't figure it out.....  I must leave now.....  but look at these elevations....  sometimes the window is filled sometimes not,  and the really weird one is the one that has the great window and the window is open....  can you have a window open in 3d?5b3919e187415_ScreenShot2018-07-01at11_12_13AM.thumb.png.5b76cbee6444af2097e48e2eec13d50f.png

FYI,  I think I figured it out.  If you like the shaded window glass,  in vector mode do not check opaque glazing.  The down side is you can see into the house.  I think it might also slow things down.

• Upvote 1