annotation sets options missing Home Designer export to CA 10x

DianeP

I have a client that is wanting me to finish the plan he has drawn in Home Designer.  He has exported the file to me and when I opened it, I noticed that some options aren't available in my x10 that are normally there.  The one I am seeing currently is the Annotation sets where I can select electrical set or plot plan set.  Only option is 1/4" scale set.  Is there a way I can quickly get these things added to this drawing.  I tried to copy his drawing by selecting it and then plan to past it into a new drawing, but it wouldn't let me copy it....not sure the defaults would have stayed the same as what the client set up, had I been successful.  Any ideas???  Also, do you know of any other issues that I may run up against because of the Home Designer to  Chief Architect transfer.  Thanks!

I work with Home Designer users on a regular basis. You add the annotation and layer sets from an export from your default Profile.plan, it will not adversely affect the Home Designer users when they get the plan file back. Layout files are NOT usable as such between Home Designer Pro and Premier at all, keep those separate. You also try to minimize using custom layers (that the Home Designer user cannot access when you return the edited file to them for them to use). Also be sure to mark the plan "Allow editing in Home Designer Products" in General Plan Defaults before returning the file to them. Mainly you add what is missing from Home Designer titles to make your work more efficient and try to minimize any trouble that may cause for them.

DJP

I assume that you are aware that only Home Designer 2019 titles are capable of being shared with Chief Architect X10, HD 2018 tiles only work with X9, HD 2017 titles only work with X8 etc, Older titles can be opened in newer titles but not new to old is the rule.

DJP

5 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

it doesn't show up?, or locked?, no editing?

Some objects like poly-line solids are visible but just not editable (Home Designer titles do not have "poly-line solids" as a choice but they are visible and deletable on their end). I have never had any real or important problems helping Home Designer users plans.

DJP

Thank, nice to know, never really done work for others because I like my templates already done, saving me a ton of time. When I see others plans, it like alien to me, it seems like everybody does it differently and it would take me more time just to get what's happening with their plan and of course, my way if the only way for me, so I just stay away and draw my own way--much faster.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to interrupt this feed, but can someone tell me how to do the quote on this forum?  I click on quote and it gives me a little box off to the side that says quote 1 post.  How do I get  it into my dialog like others have done.   There are comments some of you have made that it would be helpful to quote it when I comment back.  Thanks!