Chimney

QualicoreHomes

Hello I'm looking for expert advice again.  I started a model of an existing house and it has a chimney.  I used walls to build it and altered the roof to go around it and was thinking to cap it off with a Polyline Solid.  However the one wall on the back of the chimney, I can't get it reversed properly because it is part of the main wall so if I reverse it the rest becomes drywall on the outside.  Is there some way to reverse a wall above (or below) a roof?  I tried to build a wall on top to have two separate walls but that wall bottom started at the top of the chimney.  Appreciate the help!  I attached the plan but its still very preliminary. 

Thanks!

Chimney I.PNG

Chimney II.PNG

Chimney wall.plan

5b3652e478814_ChimneyPlan.thumb.jpg.e75679662310abb64c2216471296e723.jpg

Construct the chimney with polyline solids and apply whatever surface finish that you want to the exterior.  This chimney is constructed of four solids, one for the chimney, one for the central hole, one for the cap and one for the hole in the cap.  The roof is restored to have the original boundary for the gable to prevent the gable wall from crossing upwards through the roof.

Hope this helps

Chimney wall.plan

Thank you!! Yes it does and earlier this morning I watched Micheal's great video about building that brick chimney, that I think you had asked him about some time ago.  However I still wanted to post the question because I was hoping to get some advice on the possibility to reverse a wall direction when it comes above a roof.  I seem to have trouble with this in other situations such as when I do a split entry house.  Thanks for your help!!