Symbol to a material

jonboy

Place your symbol in plan and open it.  Go to the materials tab and select the embedded material and go to Plan Materials and add the texture to your User Library for the best preservation of the material.

a "T-Stud" is a symbol like framing members, chairs or appliances which have "materials" applied to its 3D faces, so you are looking at a custom symbol with materials applied to it and not just a "Material", as I have said. Just take the symbol you currently have and add it to your Library Browser and then you are all set for the future.

In the real world such things are "Materials" for sure but in the virtual world of software, they are symbols.

DJP

56 minutes ago, jonboy112352 said:

I am trying to add the TStud as a wall stud for my framing member.  

You question is a little open to interpretation but are you looking for something more like this ?

T Stud Wall.JPG

I would most likely do something like what I think Chopsaw showed and use multiple framing materials in the wall definition and then tweak afterward to change the foam layer to a rotated c-channel to get rid of the cross box (just a personal preference)...

5b36b878399e0_TStudexample.thumb.png.1cf11bde0cdce6b86690b56b982bbc0b.png

It's not perfect, but it's pretty close.  If I needed extreme accuracy, I would likely model it from scratch using primitives.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I would most likely do something like what I think Chopsaw showed and use multiple framing materials in the wall definition

Yes I took a quick glance at the website https://www.tstud.com/contractors/  and put in three layers of framing to represent the web core and then manually added the psolid foam filler blocks.