CAN NOT ROTATE ROOM LABELS ONLY

PLANSAHEAD

Chief doesn't let you rotate the labels Chief gives you unless you open the label and rotate using the angle box. It's much easier to create your own labels from a text box using macro's, then you can do anything you want. Just copy room to room from there.

6 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Chief doesn't let you rotate the labels Chief gives you unless you open the label and rotate using the angle box.

That's not true.  Room Labels in (at least in X10) have a rotate handle that can be used.  AFAIK, the only thing that can't be edited directly is the Text itself.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Joe_Carrick said:

Interesting, it works for me.  Are you using the default room label?  I change the Room Name.

I usually use it for small closet when you can't fit a full macro label in which includes flr, clg, heights  and I will put my own name in using the alternate name box. without all the info, just name only

sorry Joe, I just checked and I now get the rotate arrow. I guess I never noticed it before. for years I had to do it the hard way, Well that will save me some time.

Thanks for enlightening me to a new function that I missed.

I have rotated Room Labels for as long as I can remember (thats not that long) and yes I can select the Room Label and move it,but it will not rotate. This is a legacy plan that may have been reversed. I commonly rotate the labels in say a closet where the text can be wider than the room itself.  

5 minutes ago, PLANSAHEAD said:

I have rotated Room Labels for as long as I can remember (thats not that long) and yes I can select the Room Label and move it,but it will not rotate. This is a legacy plan that may have been reversed. I commonly rotate the labels in say a closet where the text can be wider than the room itself.  

Reversing a plan often causes problems.  That may be one of those cases.