Labels for stacked cabinets

ScottyBAK

Hi, I'm working on CA x10 Interiors.  I have a kitchen with high ceilings and stacked cabinets, but can't figure out a good way to have all the cabinet nomenclature/labels to show in plan.  If I fudge it in the plan, the elevations expose my work-around.  I'd like to see both layers of labels in plan--any way around this other than manually moving each cabinet layer's label?  I suppose manually moving the non-displaying label elsewhere in the plan may work...Many thanks. Scott

Chief Architect question 1.pdf

Chief Architect question 2.pdf

Figure out where you want the label for one cabinet and check the label offset (y=16 in example) then select by match properties ( I use a hotkey) select the height (42") enter, enter again and change the y offset. You may want to change the base cabinets offset as well. AND you might want to slightly reduce your label size. I use schedules with callouts to avoid this problem and facilitate ordering.

Oh and images formats are preferred if it's just an image since then no download needed.

Plan labels.png

match properties.png

Label offset.png

Thanks MarkMc, I'll take a look at that.  We currently don't use cabinet schedules in our drawings, as a separate Woodmode Order form provides that information to our installer. We might take a look at incorporating schedules though, thanks.

1 hour ago, ScottyBAK said:

Thanks MarkMc, I'll take a look at that.  We currently don't use cabinet schedules in our drawings, as a separate Woodmode Order form provides that information to our installer. We might take a look at incorporating schedules though, thanks.

Even if it does schedules make it a easier to get the information into an order (WM or any other). A lot cleaner IMO. I'm doing a free webinar July 11th on schedules and ordering in. Posted elsewhere in the QA on how to sign up.

I worked for a BH/WM dealer for 8 yrs. The distributor in NY wanted plans done the way you're doing them (they also wanted all the mods/options listed on the plans-got messy IMO. If I had to do that nowadays I'd be making it automatic from the cabinet. 5b3538ef2fca7_Compoundlabel.thumb.png.5b5dda3435ec6ba0199a821a9a76ff4f.png

Would have to revisit the Chief WM cat. Did a project for my former employer a year ago. The BM/WM cats in Chief have some advantages but I'd still be hacking it if I had to use it steadily but it's a head start :)