New to CA, scope of work is typically kitchens, but steadily growing and starting to offer more services then just cabinetry.  Many years of 2020 experience so I am looking to see how others are putting together layouts for their clients/installers and utilize the layout/template tools since I'm not fully aware of what can be done with the program. Currently am printing on 11x17 but am definitely open to going to 18x24. Please feel free to showcase anything and everything will be helpful I'm always looking for new ways to make things easier.  TIA!

Welcome aboard. BTW this really belongs in the Q & A section. Tips is "I have a tip", QA is "I want to know"-happens a lot. You'll also see suggestions to fill out your signature which can help getting answers. 

In any case-for kitchens l use 11-17 most often.

• Allows me to print lots/often in color without care. I work on retainer I get pretty free handing clients revisions.
  • Easy to reprint when the installer's dog eats the prints.
  • I'm often asked for some pages in progress (electric, framing/blocking, mechanical/plumbing, lighting) even though the kitchen is final but far enough along.
  • I can scan site measurements with the same machine so I always have a clean copy

Arch D which is easier to layout depends on the project. Often when that is needed for a kitchen I'm collaborating with an architect who just wants something to drop into their drawings. FWIW I looked into 18 x 24 and decided it was not worth it for me to add in house.

Most often I provide-:

Cover page with notes layout table (sometimes a legend)-Numbered cabinet schedule(s), numbered/dimensioned floor plan, numbered/dimensioned elevations, floor plan with plain English descriptions (cabinet map), details for the installer (what depends on the installer some get more), page with few 3D views (varies a lot what) something in the way of lighting/electric, there is usually a page or two needed for the cabinet manufacturer which I include for the client anyway. Appliance cut sheets if needed.

When needed- I add in existing/demo/construction plans, framing if applicable, more detail, whole building map when multiple rooms. When structural specs are needed I may included something but lists certification by others (most of the engineers want to do the drawing themselves)

I always drawer at minimum a complete box and the adjacent rooms to size. In many cases I will go so far as several rooms out for views, add correct roof and deck (great to check duct clearance location) It's all a good bit more than someone is going to get from the average 2020 jockey but once templates are set up in Chief it's not that much extra work besides-clients love it, makes contractors very happy, cuts down on phone calls, covers my butt, overall it gets me work.

Kitchen Templates-

Layout template is set up with all possible pages delete or move what's not needed.

Plan template starts with  4 walls, a "0,0" marker, half a dozen elevations which are already sent to the layout (move them add/delete as needed), a couple of perspective cameras (same as elevations), a couple of CAD detail pages (schedules are set in one, legends in another, odds and ends in the third-need to work on all that a little). Most often I import defaults from other plans, have taken to using two different groups of anno-sets (new construction and remodel), have not fully implemented plan views on my own work (been doing to much for others) I keep two raised ranch plan templates (left and right) since I see so many of those. Splits, walk outs I'll grab an old file and copy edit area if it will be easy enough to adjust.

I have samples of a few larger kitchen/remodel projects in 11-17 on my website- Drawing samples.

They're ok (meh)- appliance cuts were removed, several were composited together (in a hurry) from drawings that were handed in over time (bit of a hodge podge if you ask me) a few would have been better as Arch D but work flow got in the way. One of these days I'll fix up the website, samples and photos (it's on the list-ha).