how-to - cabinet ordering & pricing in Chief Architect

MarkMc

Scott Harris suggested that  to start this thread, in light of the upcoming webinar I'm doing -

to "also spark a how-to pricing conversation" I'll incorporate anything relevant from this into the webinar.

So-Cabinet dealers/ kitchen designers, using Chief, how are you doing pricing? What problems are you running into? What do you find lacking in Chief ? (aside from an actual price catalog which I don't expect to happen)
For myself- been using Chief since X3. At first I would redo in 2020 to get pricing (usually just with an item list). But for a very long time I've carried brands that don't support that or Chief.  Eventually I found a way to get some of the needed informatin into a schedule in Chief and get it out.  I've used Chief schedules combined with either online ordeing system or a spreadsheet template (depending on brand)  for every job for about 5or 6 years now. For along time it was kludgy.
Since the advent of the OIP in X9 things got manageable, the additons to the OIP in X10 were a huge leap. I combine cabinets saved to a library folder per mfg, default settings, some cabinet hacks turning miscelaneous items into cabinet doors, and using "schedule freindly" items to add things like moldings to the schedule..

Thanks Mark, for anyone interested, this is a great thing Mark has going on and a very learning experience for people in those fields. We have already done that in one of Scotts webinar's so I will leave a space for someone that hasn't experienced this system.  I'm sure this will be great for those who order cab's. if you have room I'll come again.

41 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

I'm sure this will be great for those who order cab's. if you have room I'll come again.

Thanks for the plug Perry, you're always welcome to attend (along with any of the usual suspects). I'm not too concerned about it filling up with KDs, and the limit is arbitrary, I'm allowed many more.Email me (markmc at the domain listed in my sig) and I'll send along an invite, meeting is scheduled so I sending them off as they come in.

• 2 weeks later...