What Is The Activate/deactivate Thing?

4hotshoez

Just bought a license of Chief. I have Windows at work and Mac at home. Do I need to deactivate each one before I can use the other? Do I need to put in the product key each time (first time for me)?

When trying to activate my mac at home I was not able to do anything until I deactivated my PC at work, which I did remotely on line. Is this the normal way others do this? What happens to the PC version when I deactivate remotely?

If there is a recommended method for this process, I would like to know. (In the mean time I am thrilled not to be using Softplan, which has been the office app for decades)

Thank you

(In the mean time I am thrilled not to be using Softplan, which has been the office app for decades)

Thank you

Just curious as to why that is for you? How long have you been using Softplan? How is the transition to Chief going so far?

Just curious as to why that is for you? How long have you been using Softplan? How is the transition to Chief going so far?

I have been frustrated by the training material of Softplan as well as the less intuitive command structure and older method of data management. I spent only 12 hours training on SP and 2.5 hours on CA and was able to do so much more in that 2.5 hours with CA and felt like slogging through mud on SP. I have 25 years of CAD experience with both good and bad programs. I can tell pretty quick which is going to work for me. CA work a lot like Archicad in concept, while SP is more like a pumped up (better) version of Autocad, sort of. I think SP has the power to do much of the same, but it was taking too long. Besides, I like the forum here.

So does this work if I forget to shutdown CA on the computer at work and need to open CA at home?

Oh my god man, never never never do that. you could ruin the entire computer and melt the network gahoozies.

Just kidding of course.

I forget to computer off using CA or deactivate on one or whatever.

With this new over the net activate/deactivate and can do it from where ever I happen to be and I love Chief for that.

Thank you Chief.

Andy.