Isometric gas plan

cjanderson66

Has anyone created an isometric gas plan layout in Chief.  I am getting more and more comments from the cities to provide an isometric gas line plan and have not come up with a good way to create one.  I think it is just silly that I have to do one in the first place because I would just be guessing on the line sizes anyway and I am sure that the plumber will do it his way anyhow.  Still, I am not sure if I should just be doing a 3D of the house with a molding polyline.  Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or is you  guys have had to provide one.

You need to know what your designing and the codes involved if you don't know go to an Engineer or study the Plumbing code it is important that the Line sizes and lengths are sized to match the meter size, the simple line drawing is the easy part.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cjanderson66 said:

Has anyone created an isometric gas plan layout in Chief.  I am getting more and more comments from the cities to provide an isometric gas line plan and have not come up with a good way to create one.  I think it is just silly that I have to do one in the first place because I would just be guessing on the line sizes anyway and I am sure that the plumber will do it his way anyhow.  Still, I am not sure if I should just be doing a 3D of the house with a molding polyline.  Just wondering if anyone else has any thoughts or is you  guys have had to provide one.

Probably so that all the pipe lengths and fittings can be seen, you only get the horizontals in a plan view.

Then you can add up the lengths, count the fittings and size the pipe using a simple chart like the one 

attached.

Natural Gas Sizing Chart.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for your responses.  Personally, I don't think this should be a part of the submittal set and that the plumbing company on site should be the responsible party.  But I must do what I must do to get the permit for my clients.

I guess I'm just complaining because I am tired of all the additional requirements that I have to do and my clients asking why is this costing me so much.  I live in the Bay Area and we have some of the strongest code requirements along with LA and Miami.  So I figure if you can live here you are going to you can afford to pay my fees.

:huh:

I have done some an HVAC contractor buddy -

Attached is the plan file as well as the layout page I dropped the view on that includes my overlay of the mech layout.

Plan file should have mech and gas anno sets as well.

Disclaimer- He hand draws all of the layout and notations- I just transpose into CAD and pass it back.

Hope it helps some.;)

LUNCH BOX GAS ISO 02-14-18.pdf

LUNCH BOX GAS ISO.plan

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/2/2018 at 11:50 AM, cjanderson66 said:

Thank you everyone for your responses.  Personally, I don't think this should be a part of the submittal set and that the plumbing company on site should be the responsible party.  But I must do what I must do to get the permit for my clients.

I agree with you, I am not a licensed Structural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineer so doing such jobs as they are the only licensed by the state professionals who are trained and bonified to do so.

DJP

• Like 1

sometimes we sent floorplans to the trades for them to markup and provide specs

then we would add info into Chief plan for permit submission

sometimes the trades would supply the specs etc

then we would add info into Chief plan then send back to trades for their final approval and sign off

they would submit for permit or the builder would submit our permit set after signing and stamping

many different ways to do it

all depends on builder or client and permit office etc

working in DC metro covering DC, MD, VA and 8+ surrounding counties - many, many variations

plus doing work across nation via the internet

Lew

• 2 months later...

Well after much to do this is what I have come up with.  I hate to say it but I am getting tire of this business and the bureaucratic BS that I have to put up with in the building departments and the third party Plan Checkers.  I work in an area with many jurisdictions and no city is the same but you would think that they could all collaborate when it comes to the Residential Code.  Sometimes I just want to reach through the phone and grab them and shake them.  Enough already and let us do our job.

lyon ISO GAS plan_opt.pdf

17 hours ago, cjanderson66 said:

Well after much to do this is what I have come up with.  I hate to say it but I am getting tire of this business and the bureaucratic BS that I have to put up with in the building departments and the third party Plan Checkers.  I work in an area with many jurisdictions and no city is the same but you would think that they could all collaborate when it comes to the Residential Code.  Sometimes I just want to reach through the phone and grab them and shake them.  Enough already and let us do our job.

lyon ISO GAS plan_opt.pdf

I feel your pain, this is what I get in Southern Cali., in residential sometimes the building departments will waive this but, if not ,I need to get a professional to draw it up and the client will pay for it.. That's all I can do or move to another state that follows the codes and not so much B.S. I deal in 50 different cities and they are all different. It's a mess for sure.

• Like 1