Color problems printing and on screen

carowe

I am having major problems with the colors on both my screen AND printing.  I am using CA x10 Interiors and am trying to utilize the colors from Sherwin Williams and Benjamin Moore catalogs in my designs.  However, the colors on screen and when I print look nothing like the actual colors.  Additionally, when I print the 3d elevations, the images are too dark, so I have to export them and then open and adjust in Photoshop.  I have a Dell P2717H (DP) monitor and it has been calibrated for color, screen resolution is 1920x1080.  Operating system is Windows 7 Professional, 64-bit, video card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX745 with 4095MB memory.  It isn't just some plans, it is all plans.  Any help would be appreciated!!!!

all colors are different depending on if your seeing shadows or sun or interior and lighting is critical and can change every color you might see in a plan or elevation. Printing is also something different depending on the type of paper you might be using. I really don't think its possible to get an accurate exact match. Monitors are also something that can be changed and can vary for each different model and setup.

Ray Traces will be much more accurate - but as Perry said; lighting, shade and shadow will all effect colors.  Using photo quality paper and printing from a Ray Trace will also help.

IAE, you really can't rely on screen colors - even when calibrated.

What did you use to Calibrate the monitor?

The ICC is the International Color Consortium.  Monitors and Printers can be calibrated to an ICC Profile.  The prints and monitor will match, they'll also match everyone else in the world that have Profiled devices.  You can hold the print up to the monitor and see that it is accurate.  If you're using a Digital Camera, the camera can also have an ICC Profile.

One of the best devices to Profile both monitor and printer is the XRite i1Studio That is what I use.

After the monitor is Profiled, you use the same device to Profile the printer.  Each paper will have it's own custom profile and must be selected in the print driver.  TV's & scanners can also be Profiled.   This works best in photography software like Photoshop or Lightroom.

The problem with CA and color is how the lighting and reflective materials affect the walls and materials.  I'm not sure that can be turned off.