Image Transparency

tomloew

Help in modifying the transparency of an imported image.  In plan view, I'd like to fade out some imported images in order to still show their presence in the file, but then this will give greater emphasis to the chief home components which I've created on top of the image.    I Can't find a setting to change a pdf or jpg image transparency.

Unfortunately that is not an option in Chief Architect yet.   It would be best done in a photo editor and imported.  If you are in a pinch you could maybe use the new X10 watermark feature but it is not designed for that purpose and you would have to export and then re import.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tomloew said:

Help in modifying the transparency of an imported image.  In plan view, I'd like to fade out some imported images in order to still show their presence in the file, but then this will give greater emphasis to the chief home components which I've created on top of the image.    I Can't find a setting to change a pdf or jpg image transparency.

Nothing like that in Chief but you can create a transparent fill over the image, then layer everything to show your desired details over the top of those 2 underlying layers. Like imported image on bottom; transparent fill on top of that; then desired details on top of transparent fill. Place everything on its own layer, lock your layers and everything will stay in place as you edit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Nothing like that in Chief but you can create a transparent fill over the image, then layer everything to show your desired details over the top of those 2 underlying layers. Like imported image on bottom; transparent fill on top of that; then desired details on top of transparent fill. Place everything on its own layer, lock your layers and everything will stay in place as you edit.

This ^^^^ is what I do too.  Image in back drawing group, followed next by polyline with semi transparent fill, with everything else in front of that.