Text Box size shrinks automatically

619palace

I am having a problem with text box sizes shrinking. When I insert text on a Plan or Layout sheet it enters correctly and displays on one continuous line. Later after continuing to work on a document the text box shortens one text character so 'GARAGE' winds up with the 'E' dropping down to the next line as if the 'Enter' key had been pressed. See below.

GARAG

E

I'm not sure when this happens but it seems to be when I go to print the Layout page. The strange thing is that it also changes the Plan page. 

This is O.K. to manually change by stretching the text box back wider but I'm doing a 62 room hotel and it means a ton of work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Warren

5 minutes ago, 619palace said:

Thanks. Will do.

I just discovered my SSA has expired so if anyone has any thoughts on fixing this issue that would be great.

That means you are not using X10.  I don't think CA will fix this on any prior version.

FWIW, The problem is probably that the Text Style is larger than the Room Label Text Style.  This is one of those cases where Chief simply doesn't resize the text box enough to account for a larger text style.  I've seen this happen in Elevations where I use a Text Box within a Room to display the Room Label.  

I accept no responsibility for the accuracy of the above supposition.;):rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

There does seem to be a direct correlation between the text and text box since the only fix is to manually make the text box longer and then everything snaps back into place. I'll pay closer attention to when and it happens and what seems to initiate it. Thanks

When I have this happen, my solution is to just open the text box(es) and then click Okay.  If the only fix for you is to manually resize the box then I would double check to make sure that you don't have Auto Width unchecked. 

• Like 1

There does seem to be a direct correlation between the text and text box since the only fix is to manually make the text box longer and then everything snaps back into place. I'll pay closer attention to when and it happens and what seems to initiate it. Thanks

Thanks Michael. In all the times I've had the Rich Text Specification menu open I've never seen that. My auto height is checked but I'm wondering what CAD Style Font Sizing is. Would this conflict with another Font sizing style?