Roof Issue Coastal Home

Designer100

I cannot seem to work out roof above garage on right  w.o messing up window, nest to front entry to the house. I would appreciate any suggestions someone can give me.

Trying to get finished before going out of town tomorrow. Trying to keep the 4:12 pitch. I tried coming off just under windows with maybe a 2:12 roof to the 4:12 roof but could not get it to work. I have not had so many issues with a house plan. 

Thanks for any help.,

Beach_House_Corpus_Christi_plan_1.zip

Roof issue above garage 06.19.2018.jpg

• Downvote 1

On 6/20/2018 at 3:46 PM, Designer100 said:

I cannot seem to work out roof above garage on right  w.o messing up window, nest to front entry to the house. I would appreciate any suggestions someone can give me.

Trying to get finished before going out of town tomorrow. Trying to keep the 4:12 pitch. I tried coming off just under windows with maybe a 2:12 roof to the 4:12 roof but could not get it to work. I have not had so many issues with a house plan. 

Thanks for any help.,

Beach_House_Corpus_Christi_plan_1.zip

Roof issue above garage 06.19.2018.jpg

Sometimes its not about forcing something to work, but redesigning or adjusting the structure (assuming its new construction) to be fundamentally compatible with design, egress, building sciences (flashing Glenn mentions) etc etc.  That can require going backwards to move forward. 

To me, without spending a bunch of time on it, I think you have that situation here.