Wall cap on pony walls

andymcg

Good morning. I'm trying to use the new X10 feature of Half-wall pony walls to create my shower surround. Does anyone know how to change the location of the wall cap? It defaults to the top, but I know when I watched the new X10 video they showed one at the top of the half wall. I don't see that option anywhere so I've just been using polyline solids. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

Capture.thumb.JPG.122d3e33881685803870d6e05d000aa2.JPG

Looks like you're using a pony wall and the cap is defaulting to the top of the upper wall. Not sure how to change that setting or how to get that cap down on the lower portion of the pony wall. A simple half wall will put the cap on top of a half wall but nothing I'm trying allows for that cap to be relocated. I get the grayed out box as well.

From the help file, but don't see the options as defined...?

"Wall Cap Panel
The settings on the Wall Cap panel allow you to apply a cap to the top of a lower Pony Wall and are only available for Pony Walls. See Lower Pony Wall Caps."

"Lower Pony Wall Caps
You can specify a cap over the top of a lower pony wall. See Wall Cap Panel.
By default, the cap generates on the exterior side of the wall, outward from the surface of the upper wall. This detail is sometimes referred to as a “water table”.
You can also specify that the cap span the full width of the wall, which is the default for pony walls with Railings above. See Railings Over Walls."

Maybe here?

"Railings Over Walls
To produce a railing over a solid wall, specify it as both a Railing and a Pony Wall. See Pony Walls.
To create a solid glass panel over a partial-height wall:
To create a glass panel above a half wall
1. Draw a Half Wall   and open its specification dialog.
2. On the Wall Types panel of the Railing Specification dialog, check the box beside Pony Wall.
3. On the Wall Cap panel, confirm that Full Wall Width is checked.
4. On the Rail Style panel, select Panel and uncheck Include Top Rail, Include Bottom Rail, and Raise Bottom.
5. On the Newels/Balusters panel, select “Solid” and adjust the Newels/Posts Width and Spacing values to meet your needs.
6. On the Materials panel, specify a glass material for the Panel component."

Darn, there always seems to be a niggle with wall caps and ends. I tried an example with a wider wall cap and it extends over the edge OK but leaves the wall cap short of the end of the wall. So close to being great. Am I missing something with this feature?

Thanks

Here's the end - just a bit short. Would be nice to have it extend the same (or a custom distance) as the side overhang.

wall cap 2.jpg

Here's the side over hang - looks good.

wall cap 1.jpg

6 minutes ago, solver said:

I was disappointed with this feature. Like many new features, it seems incomplete, as if no one considered how it might be used.

Here is a railing wall on the right and a pony wall on the left. I made the drywall 3" thick to highlight the issue.

ct1.thumb.jpg.71b18da6962524d1ba1c3ab796da5118.jpg

The wall cap on the railing wall seems to overhang the ends 3", and on the pony wall, it's 3" back from the end.

Thanks for posting that Eric, I found the same thing.

Incomplete, certainly - and left for dead? Usually Chief doesn't go back and fix their incomplete features and hoping this will be an exception - otherwise will simply use P-Solids as before..