duplicate temporary dimensions (looks mirrored)

NobleRenovation

Good evening, I was tweaking my defaults today and somehow I must have turned on an extra layer for temporary dimensions?

How do I disable temporary dimensions when I am only selecting a wall?  For instance, I click on a wall ( I already have a dimension on the plan), and I get like a doubled mirrored effect of temp dimensions, very busy looking when this happens.

Can you please assist how to disable ?  I do like the temp dimension when I am drawing a new wall...to show the length... so I want to keep this on...

Many thanks

Steve

new at this forum...bear with me...

The attached plan is a working template I am editing as I follow along in training videos...

I have been using chief for years on and off, and primarily in 2d for permitting purposes for simple remodeling projects...

At this time, I training myself on 2d and  3d ,  so I can be more involved in design and control the process a little better...

Thank you

Steve

Chief training test plan.plan

oh, I can just send / post the file?  

new at this forum...bear with me...

The working plan is just me following along in training videos...

I have been using chief for years on and off, and primarily in 2d for permitting purposes...

trying to train myself on 3d and so I can be more involved in design and control the process a little better..

thank you

Steve

1 hour ago, solver said:

I'm curious why this is happening, but someone more dimension savvy then me will have to answer that.

Deleting all the dimensions (Edit>Delete Objects) then adding back the ones you need seems to work and corrects the problem.

doesn't seem to fix the problem on my end... I deleted all dimensions...then add back in and it does the double shadowing for temp dimensions...

What you're seeing are NOT temporary dimensions.  They are dimensions you have placed onto different layers.  Switch to your All On layer set and you should see what I'm talking about.  The thing is that with Temp Dims turned on, Chief will display any and all relevant dimensions when you select an object...even if that particular layer is turned off.

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

What you're seeing are NOT temporary dimensions.  They are dimensions you have placed onto different layer sets.  Switch to your All On layer set and you should see what I'm talking about.  The thing is that with Temp Dims turned on, Chief will display any and all relevant dimensions when you select an object...even if that particular layer is turned off.

You sir are the man! All fixed!  Thank you

Steve