detached garage with bonus room

JASInteriors

Hi there! I am working on a plan (which is attached) for a garage that is 24' wide by 36' long and can not be taller than 18' and trying to get a "bonus room" made out of the trusses vs. making a true 2nd floor. I would like the main floor to have 9' walls so I can have a garage door that is 8' tall vs the standard 7'. I've watched multiple videos on how to create the space above the garage but cant seem to get it just right. The roof pitch I want is either 5:12 or 8:12 NOT 12:12 I have found the 12:12 is too tall and gets the builder up wards of 20+ feet, which I can not build taller than 18' for a detached garage. Exterior walls are 2x6. I got to a point where I did do the 12:12 pitch and made the truss for there but added the 2nd story and having the roof ignore the 2nd floor then placing two walls from front to back to create attic spaces, but when I try a different pitch then it goes away and cant get a truss to work right. I need to show truss specs for this as well. The "bonus room" can be from 7-8' in height for head room and is mainly for storage and a light duty use like a hobby room of some sorts.

Also when I build an foundation it shows the doors below the walls, why does it do that? The garage is going to be on a 4" thicken slab and the foundation footing is going to be 6"x12".

Any tips/help would be appreciated. I am using CA X10.

Garage with bonus room.plan

• Like 1