How to create a turntable movie in Chief x10

rcmcdougle

I have been requested to deliver a video of the exterior of a house for Historic District Planning review. They would like to see a turntable style overview of the project. I can set the house spinning but am having difficulties controlling the speed. I would like to record that spin for the movie. Any suggestions appreciated.

TIA

Robb

Chief x10 / Win 10x64 Pro 

I use snagit along with my space navigator mouse to create a quick fly around of the exterior.

As you can see in this video, it’s important to get the camera end point centered on the middle of the house.

On this early attempt to do this, it’s important to have the sun follow camera, to keep the front out of the shadows..

That would be nice, David!

I thought the same thing... 

I have had negative feedback from people when trying to get them to use the 3D viewer... they say they don’t want to learn how to use the viewer, they just want to see the outside of the house.

3 hours ago, rcmcdougle said:

I can set the house spinning but am having difficulties controlling the speed.

I have used the keyboard command of CTRL + ALT + S to spin the model in a Perspective Full Overview Camera and used a screen recorder as Parkwest does.  The speed is controlled by the "Incremental Rotate Angle:" setting for the camera and the direction of spin alternates each time you start it.   If you don't have a screen capture recorder you can use Chief's walkthrough recorder to capture the spin. The other option is to set a circular walkthrough path.