Duplicated .jps in “Textures” Folder

KayNordby

My X7, X8, X9, and X10 “Textures” folders are pretty much repeats.  Each "Textures" folder is about 7GB.  

I would like to consolidate all previous "Textures"  folders into one folder and delete all the duplication.  

• How can I instruct Chief to search in one folder for all .jpgs? 
  • Is this possible, or is this a bad idea?  
  • Upvote 1

I don't think currently there is a way to assign a particular Folder  eg in Preferences,   but this would be a good one to add to the Suggestions Forum , it would be useful for those that have 2-3 or even 4 Versions of CA installed at any one time.

If you removed the X7, X8 , X9 Texture Folders when opening Plans in those versions you would likely get an error message that the .jpgs can't be found for many Materials and you would / could then redirect those searches to the X10 Textures folder as needed. 

As a Test you could simply rename the X7-X9 Folders eg add .Old to the name and see what happens per above....

• Upvote 1

You are correct.  If X7, X8 or X9 are renamed (and appear to be missing) I will get an error message.  I lost X4, X5, and X6 "Textures" folder in a hard drive failure.  I get "Missing Textures" error on my old custom materials.   

I requested this same feature back in 2008.  Could not hurt to ask for it again.  I was just hoping that Chief already had a work around, or some super Chief users had figured out a way to designate a specific "Textures" folder as a default. 

Thanks anyway!

Kay 

EDIT... I posted this topic in "Suggestions"    

• Upvote 1