Help creating cathedral ceiling

rockywaves

I need advice on how to create a cathedral ceiling for a great room that has one exterior wall and three interior walls.  The external wall that faces the back patio I want the patio roof to be a gable roof with no flat ceiling.  I want a cathedral ceiling in the great room, but I want the cathedral structure to run 90 degrees perpendicular to the patio cathedral ceiling.  I have have searched the chief talk forum and looked for Youtube videos for solutions, but can't find anything which helps me.  I'm attaching a basic floor plan which illustrates what I see when in the great room with a camera view.

Great room cathedral ceiling CA question.plan

Hi David,

Your demonstration was very useful.  I am using Chief Architect 10.  I can now reproduce what you showed me.  However, I do want the great room ceiling planes to run contrawise to the direction of the patio ceiling planes.   I tried reversing the "great' room planes, and the room wall/ceiling results are not right.  Do you mind building the "great" room ceiling planes contrawise, and showing me how to fix the room wall heights (default 120") and ceilings?

Thanks,

Bob

I fixed by my signature per your request.  I watched David's video again, and found that I was not using the transform/replicate object the same way as he explained.  Everything works fine now.  Thank you, both for your assistance.