CABINET SCHEDULES- fillers, panels not included

Andrew

X9   X8 user here

I'm learning how to use schedules for doors and windows, with some success.

I thought I would use CA to help write a cabinet schedule too, but the DBX for fillers and panels doesn't offer the checkbox to "include in schedule".

What do other users do?  Is there a way to include them in the schedule, or do you just write those manually?

Which does lead to a side question:  I'm trying to figure out how to edit the door schedule in the comments column, but nothing seems to work.

Any comments on that?

Thank you

18 minutes ago, Andrew said:

X9 user here

I'm learning how to use schedules for doors and windows, with some success.

I thought I would use CA to help write a cabinet schedule too, but the DBX for fillers and panels doesn't offer the checkbox to "include in schedule".

What do other users do?  Is there a way to include them in the schedule, or do you just write those manually?

Which does lead to a side question:  I'm trying to figure out how to edit the door schedule in the comments column, but nothing seems to work.

Any comments on that?

Thank you

What version are you using? It's a good idea to include that and some computer information in your signature.

are you using Chief Architect? or one of the Home Designer products? I ask because fillers have been included in schedules in Chief since I've used it (X3). Partitions were added in X10. I used to (and often still do) make partitions from cabinets and then keep them in the user library. Since I have a different approach to fillers I make those too but ..attached are screen shots from X10 -fillers, partitions, and comments in  doors.

Filler.png

Partition.png

Comments.png

Thanks Mark!

I am using X9 on a Win10 machine.

I also use my iMac at home, I think it's on High Sierra

I've added some of this data to my profile, at your suggestion.

I did find the cab fillers do have the "show in schedule" check box

But in X9, it appears they haven't thought of including panels yet : (

I haven't added mouldings yet, so I'm not sure about those.

In X9, I looked at the door DBX until nearly blind, then found the components icon can access some of the fields that post to the door schedule.  So, it's a work around, but it's something!

26 minutes ago, Andrew said:

In X9, I looked at the door DBX until nearly blind, then found the components icon can access some of the fields that post to the door schedule.  So, it's a work around, but it's something

You want the Object Information Tab,OIP.thumb.png.9c5cfe512ac12e1bef3b9a99e545c049.png

then type in comments and such there.

5b21b6af53879_X9comments.thumb.png.f75d51527c27aee89bc50488837ffb7e.png

The OIP fields made available in X9 are much easier than dealing with the components dialog.

Attached is a plan with a partition made from a cabinet- it will then show up in the schedule.

30 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I haven't added mouldings yet, so I'm not sure about those.

Moldings are a nogo:( I've used assorted work arounds for that and have posted on those in the past in tips and or symbols (memory fails). I need to order molding with the cabinets so this has been a BIG DEAL for me (Chief?) AND I only use molding lines for cabinet molding.

How I'm doing them lately is with cabinets as follows:

set to dimensions of molding; no fill; 0" separation, 0" reveal, materialis "Opening (no material)", set on their own layer, layer line style is blank (scroll down to the gap in the line list), line color white, label is whatever I need, finally I set it to be somewhere in the floor structure. (careful if you have to modify floor framing though). I keep an assortment in the library in a folder just for "schedule items".

You can either type in a quantity to one of the OIP fields OR append qty to label OR copy and paste in place to get the quantity.

Nice to know what version and such- add that to your signature so you don't have to keep being bothered. Makes it easier to help and troubleshoot-couple of the regulars post instructions on what and how to do it (Chopsaw ? Solver? Kbird?...) but they're all more tolerant than me :) I'm of the RTD school. Pretty sure there is a listing in the sticky for the forum by Dan too.

Partition.plan