2d Blocks offset

clearvuedesign

Essentially, Vent Symbols are just a special class of Window Symbols.  By default the origin is at the back of the Symbol when created but Windows Symbols snap to the front face of the wall so we have to adjust the "y" origin to compensate.   I often think the adjustment should be a negative number but it actually needs to be positive.

I know I had a problem with custom window symbols before and it was a convoluted problem.  Typically they get placed on the outside of the wall in plan view which is exactly what you are experiencing.  I tried using a modified CAD Block and adjusting the origin of the CAB Block.  Sadly that didn't work either.

This is one that needs to be reported to CA Support.  If you are still on X8 I think you are probably out of luck.  The only solution at that point is to define your symbol as just an Architectural Block and manually place it in an "Pass Thru" opening.

Windows and their 2D blocks really kinda stink and they always have.   Prior to X10 I started handling this by converting windows into normal symbols and then cutting away the wall layers using material regions and modified framing.    If you are using X10 though, I would recommend converting to a normal symbol and then using the new Inserts Into Wall option.