Text Arrow That's Arced

WoodlandDesign

Embarrassed to even ask but is there a way to set the text line with arrow as an arc?  I see it on other's plans and have wanted to incorporate into my plans for quite a while.

This seems like a basic default setting but I'm not seeing where to do so.  I'm sure I'm missing something very simple.

Thanks is advance for your help.

-DG

1 hour ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Uh.  It didn't work.

Hold the ALT key while drawing the arrow or after it has been created? 

Could there be a setting that may override the ALT key application?

Try it after it is drawn - works fine here. Also hold the cntrl key to get an arc that doesn't snap.

6 minutes ago, WoodlandDesign said:

I'm trying to get the arrow that comes with the Text w/Leader line to be an arc.  I am aware of the separate Arrow w/Arc function but that requires two steps to link with text.  I prefer to do both in one step.

+1 for the feature.

I have an 11 button mouse that holds different program sets. I use a text tool set to do one click for rich text, 1 click to close the dialogue box and 1 click for an arced arrow. I have my arrow snaps set to "start/end/on arc" I can draw a leader with text much faster than the stock tool with this method. 

I've since started bunching my text lines together and drawing multiple arcs...also much faster as the arcs will snap to center of text

7 minutes ago, WoodlandDesign said:

I'm trying to get the arrow that comes with the Text w/Leader line to be an arc.  I am aware of the separate Arrow w/Arc function but that requires two steps to link with text.  I prefer to do both in one step.

select the arrow and then the change line/arc tool on the edit menu and pull arc normally as needed....

Hey Larry,

Thanks so much for doing the videos. 

You may have inadvertently answered my question while you were shuffling through the process.  So, kudos!!  It works now as I desired.  :)

I was trying to arc the arrow while I drawing it and before typing my text.  Now I realize the arrow is manipulated after being drawn.  Works great!

-DG

1 minute ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Hey Larry,

Thanks so much for doing the videos. 

You may have inadvertently answered my question while you were shuffling through the process.  So, kudos!!  It works now as I desired.  :)

I was trying to arc the arrow while I drawing it and before typing my text.  Now I realize the arrow is manipulated after being drawn.  Works great!

-DG

Sweet!