Best way to show plan...

Designer1

If I want to show a client a floor plan what is the best way to do it digitally? (not looking for video, VR or client viewer just a 2d image)  I know chiefs export jpeg isnt clear for floor plans.   Im just wanting them to scroll in and out to see what the plan looks like so far, would an export pdf be best?  Chief has excellent raytrace abilities but I noticed for quick 2d presentations there doesnt seem to be as many options.

Thanks in advance for any help!

24 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

I tried looking for watermark but it mostly talked about printer set up vs watermark.   I wonder if chief calls it something else?

You did not look hard enough,  it is there

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

It was the link where they talked about a photo editor program to add the watermark? 

Yes or you can just put a solid color ( light gray ) text on the back layer on page 0.  Just a little simpler than using a PDF editor unless you are doing other things with it as well.

If you are on a tight budget for a photo editor Gimp is opensource software.

Thanks so much for the recommendation Chopsaw!  For those of you using X10...do you feel the pdf/watermark making tools in chief are quite customizable or just minimum?  I might be upgrading at the first of the year.

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

For those of you using X10...do you feel the pdf/watermark making tools in chief are quite customizable or just minimum?  I might be upgrading at the first of the year.

Sorry to give Chief a negative review but I was one of the people that request some additional tools within Chief for creating watermarks without needing to use an external photo editor and was highly disappointed with what they came up with.  It was a start but needs a lot more work for sure.

Lots of other things in X10 that are worth upgrading for however.