1hr and still going... 'Caching directory'

dwelldesign

This has happened few times now on both my desktop and laptop when starting chief and opening up a file.  It runs through this Searching for file and scans through a tonne of directories.  It has been about 1.5hrs and still hasn't completed.  Has anyone else run into this or know how to avoid having it happen?  Thanks so much for any insight.  Chief Architect X10 Premier.  

Capture chief opening.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

@dwelldesign I too am dealing with the Lag on my Desktop.  I am making small changes like editing text and I find the little circle spinning for up to 30 sec for it to make the edit at times.  This has only happened just recently after the latest update and I am not sure what is going on as it is very frustrating.

This is an issue we've run into at my office twice after the latest Chief update. I sent the problem into Tech Support, so they are aware of it. The problem is that Chief is looking for a network path or share location, eg:

\\server\partition\chief\files

The solution is to map the network or share drive to a local drive, eg:

E:\chief\files

...and then go into Preferences>General>Folders>My Data Folder and Browse to the newly mapped local location.