Same Layer overwriting all other layers in layout

MattWD

Hey guys. Started a new license for an employee and seeing something I have never seen before. When she sends a layer view to layout, say to page 2, that layer view overwrites every other layer view on all of the other pages. For example: If she send a framing layer set to page 5, it overwrites the foundation view, floor plan view, and roof view on pages 2, 3, and 4. The result is having the faming set now on pages 2-5. Any tips? Thanks!

Like Alan said, there are controls for layer sets and annotation sets but the end user must understand these controls and control them. If you are sure something weird is going on, then contact Tech Support, otherwise, I would at first assume that end-user control is not being applied.

DJP

Just an educated guess but I’d be willing to bet she is using the same Plan View, making adjustments, and sending to layout. If a layout box is referencing a Plan View then it will change anytime that plan view is changed. Ideally you should either set the referenced PlanVview to “None” or you should be using different Plan Views for each view sent to layout.