Leader line - How to make first segment stay horizontal when moving

TomBiggs

How do you make the leader line stay horizontal when you move either the object it points to, or the text?  I noticed this was the case on I think the Breckenridge Sample Project, but couldn't figure out how it was done.  Thanks.

Hmm.  When I open up the dialog of the leader line (dbx?)  I see the Auto Position greyed out.  Instead I only can check the Auto Position Tail. See screenshot.  I'm still in version 9.  Maybe they fixed this in 10.

Capture.PNG

I struggle with this issue often in V9 & 10 also.  I turn off the auto position buttons and it seems to have no impact on the behavior.  Other issues I have with leader lines is they move when I move an unrelated nearby object or worse get deleted when I delete a nearby object.....they must associate with inadvertently.  I also have issues creating multiple leg leader lines....half of the time it just creates 2 leader lines instead of one continuous line.  Sorry to turn this post into a mini rant on leader lines.  Any enlightenment on this minor issue is greatly appreciated.

4 hours ago, mdarch47 said:

I struggle with this issue often in V9 & 10 also.  I turn off the auto position buttons and it seems to have no impact on the behavior.  Other issues I have with leader lines is they move when I move an unrelated nearby object or worse get deleted when I delete a nearby object.....they must associate with inadvertently.  I also have issues creating multiple leg leader lines....half of the time it just creates 2 leader lines instead of one continuous line.  Sorry to turn this post into a mini rant on leader lines.  Any enlightenment on this minor issue is greatly appreciated.

The number of segments in the Leader lines is Controlled by the Setting in Preferences >Appearance>Text>Leader Lines  , the default is 2 you can also specified Rich Text (vs text)

On 6/8/2018 at 10:19 AM, TomBiggs said:

Hmm.  When I open up the dialog of the leader line (dbx?)  I see the Auto Position greyed out.  Instead I only can check the Auto Position Tail. See screenshot.  I'm still in version 9.  Maybe they fixed this in 10.

Capture.PNG

If an Item is greyed out I believe that means it is not associated with an object , the tail usually is as that is the Text... unless you don't create the Text which is possible by cancelling out the Text Input DBX