Full basement and crawl space

TominOhio

Hi.  I am new to Chief Architect and to this forum.  I recently purchased the Architectural version and have been creating a model of our current house with quite a bit of success.  Our house has a full basement under part of the house and a crawl space under the rest.  I created the full basement with the “Build Foundation” step.  Is there an easy way to keep the full basement but add the crawl space for the other part of the house?  Can I create a separate room in Level 0 for the crawl space and change the “Floor Below” dimension under “Room Specification/Structure” to a number representative of the crawl space dimension?  My apologies if this question has been asked and answered in this forum – I did look and wasn’t able to see my specific question.  Many thanks for any help!

Quick answer yes to all, lol. Auto build your foundation and make an extra foundation wall to separate crawl from full height, select crawl space area and open dbx. In structure tab you can change foundation wall to crawl space. Also do searches for your issue and many answers will appear.

3 minutes ago, ShaneK said:

Quick answer yes to all, lol. Auto build your foundation and make an extra foundation wall to separate crawl from full height, select crawl space area and open dbx. In structure tab you can change foundation wall to crawl space. Also do searches for your issue and many answers will appear.

Shane, can you please explain this command "you can change foundation wall to crawl space..." Where is that? and doesn't drawing an extra foundation wall require that auto foundation be turned off? Truly curious as the structure dbx has stumped me for almost 20 years.

Thanks

36 minutes ago, TominOhio said:

Hi.  I am new to Chief Architect and to this forum.  I recently purchased the Architectural version and have been creating a model of our current house with quite a bit of success.  Our house has a full basement under part of the house and a crawl space under the rest.  I created the full basement with the “Build Foundation” step.  Is there an easy way to keep the full basement but add the crawl space for the other part of the house?  Can I create a separate room in Level 0 for the crawl space and change the “Floor Below” dimension under “Room Specification/Structure” to a number representative of the crawl space dimension?  My apologies if this question has been asked and answered in this forum – I did look and wasn’t able to see my specific question.  Many thanks for any help!

Not exactly but you have the idea. Create a second room on Floor '0' using the foundation wall tool (you'll have to turn off auto rebuild foundation when asked) and open that new Floor '0' room's structure dbx. Raise the floor by shortening the stem wall height and/or raising the floor height - on that floor - not by using the "Floor Below" dimension which shows on floor 1 above. 

Funny thing, once you create that room with a lower floor Chief will use that measurement as the height for the floor below, not the full height basement height. Another thing to remember if you delete that basement wall and turn everything back to full height Chief will 'remember' the height of the shorter room if you draw the wall back in - you won't have to set it again. An amazing skill that Chief has that will make you crazy if you don't that it will 'remember' some room heights.